Monday, October 6, 2008

Luke's Birthday

Since I'm a few weeks behind, I'll mostly just post pictures. We had a couple of fun birthdays right in a row. It was SO fun to have Grandma Thomason here for my birthday! Luke's birthday was a few days later. We celebrated it on Saturday so that we would have the whole day to do something fun as a family (we just told Kate that his birthday was Saturday so she wasn't confused why we weren't doing birthday stuff that day). We took the kids to Build-a-Bear, rode the carousel, and had a fun party! Kate got a BYU cheerleader outfit for a bear she already had (it's a blue and white cheerleader, and we just told her it was a BYU cheerleader. She LOVES the BYU cheerleaders. She watches the football games with us and is so excited at the tiniest clip they'll show of the Cougarettes or cheerleaders!). Luke got a cheetah, but we named it Baby Jaguar (from Diego). He carries it around everywhere with him at home! I'm a little nervous about when it will need a bath, because we had the roar sound put in it. . . oh well, I guess we'll see what happens.

Our new baby is growing well and being as active as ever! Instead of going every four weeks to the OB/GYN like a normal person would get to do, mine makes me go every two to three weeks because of how much running I'm doing it. I have to say, it's a really big nuisance! I can't wait to be done with my half marathon (less than six weeks!) so that I don't have to spend so many hours in the doctor's office. We have a big ultrasound scheduled in a few weeks with a neonatologist to check the baby for spinabifida, since I was born with it. I have to take 4mg of folic acid a day, instead of the regular 800 micrograms-1mg. It's a lot of pills!

Alright! Here are the pictures!



Grandma here for my birthday

I had great help with my birthday candles

Kate giving her older bear a bath, Luke giving Baby Jaguar his first bath.


You can't see Luke's face very well, but he was VERY concerned about the burning candle. For those who don't know Luke well, the cupcake is just a prop. He won't TOUCH anything that is sweet-- cake, cookies, candy, ice cream, whatever it is. He HATES sweet things. He'll usually throw it at you and yell, "No way!!" It's much healthier this way! Although, I'm ready to start potty training him, but I don't know how! I have nothing to bribe him with! Kate got a jelly bean every time she went potty. With Luke, who knows. A chip?


Andi and Brookelynn got back just a few days before Luke's birthday. We are so glad to have them back!!!


The giant firetruck that Grandma Thomason got for him. I didn't even need to get him anything else for his birthday. He would have been thrilled with just this, and his new rescue pack that he got. Those are his two favorites.


Here's Rescue Pack! Every morning he wakes up and says, "Where's Rescue Pack? Let's go find him!"

His cool trucks and tractors from Grandma and Grandpa Todd.


Carrying Baby Jaguar up and down the stairs. Doesn't he look so grown up?!

No comments: