Monday, July 28, 2008

Coming home again. . . ?

Sometimes I feel like I can't claim anywhere as "home" for growing up. I'm in Spokane, WA right now with my wonderful White nieces and nephews and we're having a GREAT time. It is just interesting to be back here. When people ask me where I'm from, I always tell them Washington. Spokane is the place I've lived the longest in my life, but since we left here when I was 11, it is hard to say this is still home. It feels like home to me, but it still doesn't feel quite right. I'll never claim Chewelah, WA as home (I lived there from 14-16 1/2); I wouldn't claim Provo as home (I lived there from 16 1/2-21 1/2). I went to my sister's ward yesterday, which is the ward my family would have been in had we still lived here. I also went to Karly's wedding reception on Saturday night (it was really fun to show Kate the temple that Mom and Dad got married in). It is so fun to see familiar faces. Most people thought I was my sister, Deborah, since I was with her daughter who was playing the harp at the wedding reception (she is EXTREMELY talented!). It's just kind of an odd set of emotions to sort through!

While I'm here in Washington, I feel like I have TONS of spare time, so I'm trying to freshen up my blog and give it some new life.

We're headed to Arizona from here, so we won't be back in Louisiana for a couple of weeks. I have to say, I LOVE the climate here in the summer. I love how much it cools off at night! I don't like how early it gets light or how late it stays light. I don't miss that part of the Pacific Northwest!

I'll get some more pictures on here soon!

2 comments:

Jen Long said...

You're pregnant?!?!? Wow! congrats!!!!!!!

Natalie Jane said...

We Spokanites will always claim you. Congrats on your baby! I cannot believe you annouce so early. Makes it a long 9 months :) I waited 20 weeks (of course that is crazy long)