Monday, July 14, 2008

Please, not yet. . .

I forgot to add this funny little story to my blog earlier. I was reading my friend Natalie Plummer's blog (hey Nat, here's your shout out :) and seeing a picture of her little girl, Lydia, reminded me of this story.

This morning I was having a YW presidency meeting at my house. One of my counselors has two little boys, each four months younger than each of my kids. Our meeting was over and we were cleaning up all of the toys (also present was a 7-week-old and another two-year-old) and Heidi started calling for her son Brandon, but he wasn't answering her. I realized that Kate wasn't around either, so I called her. She promptly answered me that she was in her room. I went upstairs, and she and Brandon were snuggled in her bed (she has a queen sized bed), each snuggling dollies. I'm very open and honest with my kids, and don't beat around the bush about things (we use anatomically correct names for body parts, etc.), but I didn't think that I needed to have the talk with my 3-year-old yet about not letting boys in her bed. So, to copy the name of Natalie's picture. . . and so it begins! Randy and I both had talks with Kate about not letting boys in her room, especially her bed. So please, no headaches about boys Kate! Not yet!!!

1 comment:

Natalie Jane said...

Yes. Having a daughter can be a little terrifiying. Can't wait to read your vacation blog....when I have an hour of free time :)

You look so beautiful in every shot!