Monday, April 20, 2009

Almost 2 weeks old!

I can't believe Alyssa is almost two weeks old! We had to move her out of our room last night because she won't stop making her cute little baby noises!! She is SOUND asleep, but grunts all night long. So we moved her out (I really wasn't ready for it, but Randy decided we needed some sleep) and she slept almost the entire night! She didn't wake up until 4:30am, got up to eat, then went back to sleep until 6:30, ate, then woke up at 8:30! I can handle a schedule like that!!! She is growing SO fast. I wish I knew how much she weighed right now. I would guess somewhere in the 10 lbs. range. Her umbilical cord fell off last week (much earlier than my other kids, but that is because it got ripped when we were trying to figure out how to get the clamp off of it that the hospital had left on!), so she got a big kid bath!

The kids are doing REALLY well with her. I'll find Luke laying on the floor next to her talking to her or kissing her. He really likes her. Kate still thinks she's the best thing in the world. She is still trying to figure out this only milk diet. She asked me yesterday if Alyssa could drink water. She was really confused that Alyssa couldn't even drink water yet! She is very interested in looking in Alyssa's mouth to see no teeth (she and Luke are so close, she can't remember Luke without teeth). It's so fun seeing her figure these things out!


Luke loves to watch Kate play on starfall.com. I'm sure he could do the games about as well as she could!


Kate is learning how to climb trees.


Luke is all boy. He always has a stick and loves to poke things, especially ant hills. He is OBSESSED with ants. Walks are a bit of a challenge because he stops at every anthill. In Louisiana, that's about every two feet.


Alyssa and Dad all snuggled up.


Alyssa's first big kid bath.


Kate is always the mother; Luke's just in it for the cool toys. :)


Immediately after church both Kate and Luke ran in to find Alyssa. It is so cute to me how much they both love her!

3 comments:

Thompson Family said...

Amanda, your kids are so cute! I have loved looking at the pictures. I can't believe how big Kate and Luke are. Your little baby is just precious and you look absolutely amazing! My blog is private now, send me an email at brittanycornelius@hotmail.com and I will add you. I'm glad to see that you are all doing so good. You have a beautiful family!
Brittany

Lil Lancaster Fam said...

Wow look at that big belly. she looks great! an sounds like she is doing really well! congratulations!

Emily Kurz said...

Congratulations Sister Todd!!!! She looks so adorable! Kate and Luke look like some very proud siblings! Hope you are doing well. Love and miss y'all!