Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baby Alyssa

It's taken me forever, but here she is!!! Alyssa Carolyn arrived on Tuesday, April 7th at 11:15am. My labor was short and to the point! Three and a half hours (only 45 minutes of hard contractions) after my pitocin started, she was born!!! She was 8 lbs. 7 oz. and 21" long. She is the best baby I've ever seen!!!! We are so happy to have her here!!!

Here are lots of pictures. I posted so many mainly for me, since this is my journal of sorts. Shows how great I am at keeping up a journal. Enjoy them! We're sure enjoying her!!!



One vernix covered little girl! I think she would have stayed in there for a really long time!

It was so fun, I'd never gotten to hold one of my babies this quickly!


This is the first one of our kids that Randy got to cut their cord.


One proud Daddy!!!


8 lbs. 7 oz. 21" long. If only they'd weighed her before she peed everywhere right after she was born. I would have gotten a few more ounces!!


Making sure there are ten fingers and ten toes!


Kate's first time to see Alyssa. She was more concerned about me being in bed and why I didn't want to get up. Alyssa was not quite two hours old.


She already knew what to do the second she got Alyssa in her arms: Give her lots of kisses!


Such a pretty baby! She was about two hours old and still not dressed yet. We really did bring clothes for her. We were just having so much fun holding her.


Kate was excited to take pictures of Alyssa with her own camera.


Truly the world's best big sister!

Our first almost family picture. Luke was taking a nap, so he didn't get to see Alyssa until the next day.




4 hours old.


Peacefully sleeping, as usual.


Daddy is already teaching us to make funny faces.


Alyssa's first bath-- almost 24 hours old. She slept through the night her first night!


Ready to go home!!


Luke's first look at her-- He said, "Oh, Alyssa's out of Mom's tummy" like it was just how he expected it.


Then on to more important matters, like watching whatever movie was on in the car.


All three kids together for the first time. Luke doesn't care about anything except the movie.


Randy trying to get everyone in from the car. It was nap time for Luke-- this is why we didn't interrupt his nap the day before to come to the hospital.



Kate was dying to hold her the second we got inside.


The three girls together. I'll be thrilled to lose the fat baby face!!!


Kate wanted to tuck Alyssa in with her own pink blankey.


A bit of a size difference with both girls in Alyssa's crib. She won't be sleeping there for a few months.


Two sisters, already the best of friends.


Kate was fascinated with Alyssa getting in her jamas. Kate is really sure Alyssa is the coolest doll.


Already the little mother.


The tail of the tornado that hit our neighborhood on Thursday night. The damage around our neighborhood is pretty impressive, although no houses were damaged.


Easter egg hunt on Saturday with Grandma Todd



Our attempt at Easter pictures. Kate and Alyssa have matching Easter dresses. I'm having way too much fun having two girls to put in matching clothes!!!



The closest we got to getting everyone looking in the same place at the same time. Even Alyssa looked!


We tried our best!!!

4 comments:

Natalie Jane said...

No one should look that beautiful right after having a baby! Congrats!

The Jen said...

Beautiful baby and beautiful family! Congratulations!!! We love her already and can't wait to meet her someday!

Kindra said...

Wow, Amanda! She is so beautiful! Congratulations, you are making me baby hungry!

Alison said...

She is beautiful! I love all the new pictures of her! Kate is so a mini-you! I can't believe it!