Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day three

Happy spring to everyone! Here are some pictures for today:


Some of you have seen this picture, but for those who haven't, this is Randy flying with his NVG's on (night vision goggles). Kate always begs to look at the picture of Dad wearing his funny glasses.


Luke was mad because he wanted the camera. This is the only picture I got of him on Easter. He was still puking. . . not a fun day. He screamed the entire time during sacrament meeting. Thankfully Jason came and relieved me and took him outside for a while. Thanks again Jason, that was a lifesaver!



Luke really is a pleasant little guy. I just hope he returns to feeling like himself. I really like it when he's nice. . . lately, I'm not sure where my sweet boy went. Instead, he's been replaced by a little grouch. I should buy him a trash can to live in. . .

So, at least I'm not writing today when I'm supposed to be on my way to bed! This is a vast improvement! For the first time in a long time, both kids are taking naps. Ahhhh. . . now, the question is, do I take a nap, or get stuff done? I have mutual tonight, so I need to finish preparing for that. As the YW president, I've been thinking a lot about Elder Ballard's talk in conference. I'm trying to decide if his counsel was meant for me, especially in talking to the ward council to make sure there are not too many responsibilities placed on young mothers. . . . I'm on the ward council! How do I make sure that there aren't too many things piled up on me? I'm trying to decide if I'm supposed to stay in this calling just to keep me insanely busy while Randy is gone? I just HATE leaving my kids every week, right at bedtime to go to mutual; especially at a different person's house almost every week. I don't want to ask the same person to watch them EVERY week, I feel like that is too much. . . but then it's inconsistent for my kids to be bounced around everywhere. Anyone have any ideas? I'd love some!!!

I was up at 6:00am this morning to run before I had to get myself out the door to a doctor's appointment at 8:15 (with dropping the kids off at a friend's house first). I think I'm going to go take a nap. Today is my arm workout day, but that may have to wait for tonight. I'm soo tired. I need to accomplish my goal of getting into bed by 10:00 every night while Randy is gone. So far, I think I've done that once!!! If I could just get all of the projects done that I have planned for my house, then hopefully I'd be better at getting in bed on time. But it's my only time to myself!!!!!!! One day, maybe my husband will be around again. Until then, single mom it is! I'm just glad I get to stay at home with my kids (that is, as long as I don't have mutual, presidency meetings, ward council, BYD, BYC. . . what a list!).

No comments: