Thursday, April 10, 2008

What a crazy day

My poor kids. . . I feel like there is RARELY a day that we get to stay at home, even for the majority of the day!! It seems like the only days we stay at home are when I'm watching someone else's kids, so even when we're home, it's not normal life! Today we went to someone's house so that I could help them dry pack can stuff, then we went to another friend's house for lunch and to play for a little while. We came home for REALLY late naps for the kids, and for me to clean the house a bit. Then as soon as they woke up, I rushed them to eat dinner, then we were out the door to Sam's Club and Enrichment at the church. We left that early to come home and have baths and go to bed. Where did the day go?! Needless to say, my children didn't get a fun dinner. Just leftovers.

I read in a magazine today that there are usually only two people who care about someone's blog: the blogger, and their mother. So, I figure, hey mom, if you like it, that's fun! Anyone else who likes it is just an added bonus! I guess in this case, I hope Randy likes it, too, since he's on the other side of the world!

A little update from him, he just did a 24+ hour mission from Guam to Alaska and back. It sounds like he had fun. I haven't really talked to him much since he finished it-- just basically enough to know that he's alive.

It is always nice to get away and have some adult interaction for a few minutes. Luke kept giving the poor people in the nursery at enrichment a hard time, so I'd have to go calm him down every little while. I did get about five minutes' peace here and there. That's a vast improvement over what I have been getting!!! I just hope Randy comes home in June, not December. I'm not sure if I can make it eight more months!! Two seems doable, but not eight!

Does anyone have any great ideas for a standard's night for youth? I'm putting one together right now, and could use any input available. I want to make a lasting impression on the kids. Quite a few of them need a good jolt!!!

2 comments:

Brady and Berta said...

Manda,

For ours last year we did a pajama party and had the girls write down questions privately, then put them in a box. The night of the party we answered any questions they had anonymously, hopefully sparing embarrasment and feelings. Then they each got a cute shirt with the saying, "Modest is Hottest!" It was a lot of fun.

Natalie Jane said...

Whatever you do, do NOTHING like what they did in our home stake. We had crazy leaders I realize now. It is a miracle any of us came out normal.

I enjoy your blog! So that is me and your mom...