Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Recipe for the day

For dinner tonight, my kids just got grilled cheese sandwiches on homemade bread. Nothing fancy since I had to have them fed and in pajamas before I left for mutual. So, for today's recipe, I've had lots of people ask me what I eat for breakfast. Here is my breakfast shake recipe (it's what my kids eat for breakfast as well. They LOVE it!!)

1/2 cup Stonyfield Farms organic fat free French vanilla yogurt (any yogurt will work, but I especially prefer organic and fat free-- I'm not into the "light" thing, but I think as little animal fat as possible is the best-- meats, dairy, etc.)
1/3 of a golden sweet pineapple (Sam's club and Costco have the best ones, and yes, one third of the ENTIRE pineapple-- it gives it great flavor!)
2 cups organic spinach
15-20 frozen whole strawberries
1 cup triple berry blend (I've started making my own to use organic: blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
1 oz. super greens powder
1000 mg of vitamin c powder (you can use emergency; I've been using vitality c)

Blend the yogurt, spinach, and pineapple until completely blended. Then add the frozen berries, super greens, and vitamin c. Drink through a straw, or else this will stain your teeth VERY quickly-- especially if you eat it every day!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Amanda,
I love your recipes and new ideas about meals! Sometime would you add your bread recipe? I am trying to conquer making a good everyday bread but keep putting it off! Thanks!