Friday, April 25, 2008

Okay, so I'm really not dead, it's just been a CrAzY last couple of weeks!!! I don't know where the time has gone!!! This weekend, I'm helping throw a baby shower, hosting either two or four girls from the BYU-Idaho symphony band (that's what it's really called, I've never heard of a symphony band before!), and hosting BYC and BYD at my house. I also am babysitting for our babysitting co-op tonight. . . I will be able to breathe a lot easier once this weekend is over!!!

Randy informed me this morning that his deployment has been extended. Fortunately, not all the way until December, but it's looking like closer to the beginning of July. So much for going on the cruise we had planned. I'm sure we'll find something else fun to do!!! We are SO excited for all of the visitors we are going to have in May!!! It will definitely help the time go by much faster until Randy gets home.

We are really enjoying the warmer weather, especially in the evenings. We have been spending a lot of time on the trampoline, tiring everyone our right before bed.

Kate is enjoying growing up more than ever. She is now absolutely insistent that she help me cook whatever it is that I'm cooking. Sometimes it's cute, sometimes it's a bit of a nuisance when I'm in a big hurry. I feel like we've been on the go so much the last couple of weeks that I'm constantly telling my kids "Hurry and eat! Hurry hurry hurry! We have to go now!" I'm really tired of having to tell my little people to hurry all the time. Will it ever end!?!?!??!

As for recipes. I fixed a HUGE Mexican feast yesterday. We had some friends over for lunch, and we had a cinco de Mayo celebration. I made two kinds of salsa (cabbage salsa-- the same kind as Mi Casita, for those of you who know where that is, and a fire roasted salsa), homemade refried beans, shredded chicken, shredded pork, grilled veggies, tostada shells, guacamole, flan, and strawberry pina colada pie. It was QUITE the feast!! We had so much fun eating it. I'll post the recipes another time. I just wanted everyone to know that I was still alive!!! I'm off to bed now.

No comments: