Friday, June 20, 2008

Adjusting is always hard. . .

I've heard many horror stories about how difficult it is to adjust to normal life post-deployment. Fortunately, things have been fine for Randy and me with adjustments, but the kids are having a rough time, especially Luke. He is getting up SOOOO early in the morning, then just being rotten to Randy. Poor Randy, it makes him sad. I'm really worried how he's going to do while we're on our cruise. Fortunately, he's seen lots of Grandma and Grandpa lately, that it won't be such a shock to him. Luke walks around the house sometimes saying, "say Grandpa" (obviously he's heard that from other people lots, "Luke, say Grandpa!"). I am looking forward to sleeping a TON on the cruise. I functioned quite well off of 4-6 hours of sleep most nights that Randy was gone. Now that he's home, I think my body is saying, okay you don't have to do it all yourself anymore. I am SOOOOO tired all the time!!! So hopefully I can recharge my batteries a bit on the cruise and get back to normal life once we're home.

Randy had to go in to work today to do some inprocessing and make sure he's cleared to leave the country. I hope so! We're off to College Station tomorrow, then Galveston on Sunday!!! We have some awesome friends here who have done this same cruise twice, so they're giving me the rundown on things. We're very excited. This will be my last post until we get back from the cruise. Bon Voyage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope y'all have a WONDERFUL time on the cruise! Can't wait to hear about it and hopefully you get some well deserved SLEEP! :D Much love!