Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'm not dead, I swear!

Alright, I've been getting in trouble with lots of people for not posting in FOREVER. I've been so busy!!!!!! Our week started out last week with Berta, Cat, and Sarah coming to visit us from Arizona. We drove to Dallas to pick them up. We had so much fun with them! We miss them tons!! They went home on Tuesday, so we got home late that night from taking them to the airport. Tonight I taught a class at Enrichment for our ward. I feel horrible. . . I was supposed to take 15-20 minutes. I didn't look at the clock when I started. Then I looked at my watch, and it was 8pm!! I had talked for probably an hour! People were asking questions, making comments, etc. But I feel so horrible. I'm sure they'll never ask me to do anything for Enrichment again!

We are anxiously counting down the days until Randy gets home. Six more sleeps!!!!!! Poor Kate. I've been telling her that Cat and Sarah were coming to visit, then they would go home, then a few days later Dad would be home. Sweet thing. . . she woke up from her nap yesterday and called to me from the top of the stairs, "Mom! I'm up! Is Dad here now?" She was VERY upset that he wasn't here yet. I just hope nothing gets delayed or pushed back with him coming home. She would be heartbroken, not to mention the fact that I would be, too!!!!

Randy and I are VERY excited for our upcoming cruise. I know I am going to have a hard time being away from my sweet little people for a whole week. . . but it will be SO much fun for Randy and I to get to spend some time together. I just hope that our cruise adventure is not QUITE as exciting as our adventures in Mexico on our honeymoon. We still laugh about those, six years later.

I'm off to bed. I need to get some rest. I severely twisted/sprained my ankle tonight. I hope it's not a true sprain. I hope it will just feel better in the morning. I need to keep running!!!

I'm off to bed. I need some rest before I hit the ground running this weekend! The countdown is on for me to finish my projects before Randy comes home!

Here are a couple of cute tidbits from the kids: Kate told Berta after church that they had a "blesson in nursery". I think she got a little confused between a blessing and the lesson.

Kate asked me today if the guys were still out mowing the mulawn. She's seen the movie Mulan only once, so it made me chuckle.

Luke is obsessed with a Dora domino set. He always has to have one with backpack and one with map at all times. If he doesn't have one, he's constantly asking me, "where's map? Where's backpack?" It's cute. Instead of a blanket, it's Dora dominoes.

No comments: