Friday, May 30, 2008

Fun in the sun


On Wednesday the kids had a great time with this crazy water dancer sprinkler we had. The loved being on the trampoline with it spraying them all over!!

Kate got some early morning wading pool fun in before we had to go. She said it was REALLY cold, but she had a lot of fun. Grandpa went to LOTS of work to set it up for her and she was so excited to play in it!


Bubbles are always a hit!

Tuesday morning in the paddle boat with Grandma and Grandpa. The kids went in their pajamas so they could have a quick ride before we took Luke to the doctor. The picture is foggy because my lens fogged up when I opened the camera. It was SO humid outside! It rained so hard later on that day that it knocked the power out at the lake cabin.
Here is Luke at Caddo Lake with Grandma and Grandpa Todd. Luke kept bringing me those leaves (like the one in his hand) and saying, "Look! A starfish!" Poor little guy. . . he REALLY thought they were starfish. This was a pre-sick picture. He finally succumbed to all of the illness we have uncharacteristically had in our house lately and got REALLY sick on Tuesday morning. We had to cut the lake trip short to take him to the doctor where he had to have an antibiotic shot (because he woke up Tuesday morning with his eye swollen shut and it wasn't even swollen the night before. It was a pretty aggressive infection), blood drawn, then be seen the next day and placed on oral augmentin. Poor kid. . . it was a rough couple of days for him!

It has been a while since I've posted. I've been trying to spend every spare kid-free moment I have finishing up projects before Randy comes home. It's finally seeming like a reality!!! If all goes well, we only have 3 weeks left until he's home! We will be entertained by Berta, Cat, and Sarah coming to visit, which we are SO excited for! I have a short list of projects I still want to finish. Our days have been spent enjoying summer! The pools on base are open, and we have been trying to spend time there. I really was missing Randy today at the pool though, because it's the first Friday of the summer for us. Fridays are always a big deal in our house, because it's date night, and kicks off the weekend. Randy always has tried to go to the pool as much as possible with us, so it was kind of a double whammy to have him gone. We have a busy month planned for after he is home. We are going to College Station (basically as soon as he gets home!) and dropping Kate and Luke off with Grandma and Grandpa, then Randy and I are headed on a cruise for a week! When we get home from that, we're picking up the kids and heading to Sea World. Then back to Grandma and Grandpa's for the 4th of July and fireworks at their house and the big show at the George Bush library. After that, we're off to Corpus Cristi to take the kids to the beach. Once that's done, we'll FINALLY be back home together as a family. Then Randy will have to go back to work, and it will be back to life as usual. I know the vacations will be TONS of fun, but I'm pretty anxious for the normal life with Dad around. I'm off to work on a project some more. I'm working on curtains for Luke's room. I have the hardware all hung (hurray!! I HATE hanging anything in the walls in this house-- they're plaster and just crumble EVERYWHERE!!!), I just have to cut the curtain rods to the correct size (with a hacksaw, it takes forever!).

1 comment:

Kindra said...

Sounds like you had a fun time with your in-laws! I am glad that you get to go on a cruise with your hubby, that will be tons of fun. What a great way to reconnect after being apart for so long (it really sucks to be away from your spouse for a long time, believe me I know how you feel).