Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Biased Mama

I know I'm completely biased, but my children blow me away on a daily basis with how smart they are and how much they comprehend. My kids both fall asleep every night to a CD that is primary songs made into lullabies. It's really a sweet CD. Luke was singing the first song to me tonight, then continued to hum the melody perfectly during an instrumental part. I just thought, wow. He really loves music!!! He started dancing before he could sit up. Kate is always making up new songs and telling me about the songs she learns in nursery on Sundays.

Those who know Luke know how much he LOVES shapes, especially stars!!! He is also getting into the moon. Anything that is a semi-circle, he brings to me and says, "Look! It's a moon!" Once again, I know I'm biased, but I think he's pretty smart. :)

I'm off to bed. There is a new family moving into our old house (in our back yard), and they're LDS! We're so excited! To top it off, he is here to be a co-pilot, and they have a baby girl named Kaitlyn. Kate loves her already. She was at our house a lot of the day today while her parents were working with the movers. Kate was begging to see Baby Kaitlyn the second she left, until they came back to eat dinner with us. We need a baby in our house! Luke could use someone who wouldn't let him rule the roost, and Kate would be such a little mother to a baby. It just hope it can happen!!! After having a miscarriage right after Randy left, I'm feeling a little frustrated about the whole baby thing! I think Heavenly Father knew that it wouldn't be the best thing for me to be pregnant and have my husband on the other side of the world!

So here's to smart, cute kids! They're the best!!!

No comments: