Monday, May 19, 2008

What a week. . .


Luke loves cameras. He always says "Say click, CHEESE!" (He loves Click the camera from Diego)


Luke is really certain that Backpack and Map are his two bes friends from Dora. I think it's quite funny. This makes it sound like my kids are obsessed with the TV, which they love watching, but don't get to that often. I try to reserve it for the car. They are AWESOME in the car. Thank goodness for DVD players in the ceiling. I had the kids carseats in Randy's car the other day, and Luke was MAD! He was screaming "MOVIE! A MOVIE!" the whole 2 minutes we were driving.


Having a pajama morning on a Monday morning while Mom catches up from our last couple of weeks.

We had SO much fun with Grandma Thomason here last weekend, but we didn't get any pictures of her with the kids!!! I am SO sad about that!!! I feel like I was gone all weekend!! I went to the temple with the youth in our ward. It was a very fun experience!!! I was missing Randy a TON while we were at the temple. I was one of the only adults there without my spouse!!


Unfortunately, Kate got sick over the weekend, and so did I! I haven't been so sick in SUCH a long time. It was a good thing Grandma was here to take care of us! I took Kate to the doctor and she had a double ear infection and possible pneumonia. Great! But there was a chance it was viral, so I didn't want her on an anti-biotic. The doctor would only agree if I would get her back in two days later to have her ears rechecked and lungs re-listened to. Whatever virus we had hit me so fast. I had a sore throat, and within about 20 minutes of realizing that I had a sore throat (yes, realizing it. It's amazing as moms how little we stop and think, oh wait, my throat hurts) I was laying in the middle of my kitchen floor feeling like I was going to DIE! I crawled into the living room and laid on the floor. Kate brought us pillows and laid by me because she was sick, too. Luke just thought he needed to lay down because Kate and I were. Fortunately, he has stayed healthy through this whole ordeal. That night, two great friends came and gave Kate and I blessings. I needed to be healthy to take Grandma to the airport in Dallas the next day! During the night, Kate woke up complaining about her ears and Grandma helped her get in bed next to me. I knew I was burning up, and couldn't tell if she was. I had Grandma get the thermometer and I had a 104.6 fever. I didn't ever really find out what Kate's was, because my thermometer was being weird. I probably broke it I was so hot! Anyways, my fever broke and I haven't had one since and everything went REALLY well driving to and from Dallas.
On to the next ordeal of the week. I didn't go to mutual the night I took Grandma to the airport because I wasn't up to it, and I didn't want to leave Kate with her still feeling sick. I am SO glad I didn't go!!! We had 6 inches of rain in less than two hours that night!! In a 12 hour period we got 13 inches. EVERYTHING was flooding! Flash floods, slow floods. . . . . Randy's car was parked across the street from our house in front of another friend's house. She called me at about 9:30 that night and said, "Um, your husband's car us under about 3 feet of water. You might want to move it!" Well, I learned my lesson about moving cars in flooded water LAST spring when our last house had a flood in front of it and I moved my van out of it. Randy got really mad at me, but fortunately nothing happened to the van. This time I just left his car where it was and knew I just had to wait for the flood to go down. The next morning, I went out to a flooded car. It wasn't too bad, there was about 3 inches of standing water on the floor of the car. We have some friends who just moved into our old house and their car wouldn't even start (parked in the same place that my van was when I moved it during a flood and got in trouble). They had water up past their seats in their car! Needless to say, the insurance adjuster came to look at it and totaled their car. Randy's still drives, so I drove it to the dealership and it is being stripped down right now. The insurance adjuster is going there today to check it out. After all that car has been through. . . . goodness. I took pictures, but stupid me, not until AFTER we'd bailed all the water out of it. Hopefully it won't stink forever!!!

This last weekend Randy's parents came for the day in Saturday. They got here in the middle of the night Friday night and were here when the kids woke up in the morning. I didn't tell Kate they were coming, and she was SO excited to hear Grandma Todd's voice when she was walking down the stairs in the morning. It was SO nice to have them here!! They played with the kids ALL day while I finished painting Luke's room and did stuff around the house. I put Grandpa to work doing all sorts of things around the house. It was nice to have a guy here! I've been doing all those things by myself, but Grandpa was very handy to have around!!! They will be back next weekend to play with us again, then we're all going to the lake for Memorial Day and a few days after. It should be a fun weekend!!

We are counting down the days until Randy comes home!!! The problem is, we still don't know exactly when that is yet!!! We have lots of entertainment between now and then, with the lake next weekend and Berta, Cat, and Sarah coming to visit us. The time hopefully will go by quickly!!!! I have lots of projects I want to finish before Randy comes home. Fortunately, I'm narrowing the list down! I basically just have to sew curtains for Luke's room (he just has ugly white blackout shades right now), and finish painting my dining room. Everything is under plastic in there right now. My kids are eating at their little table that is normally in our upstairs playroom. They think it's great, I'm ready to have my dining room back. It takes FOREVER to paint it!!!! Our house has the thickest, biggest texture I've EVER seen!!! It takes SOOOOOO long to get down into all of the crevices, especially with the dark brown I'm painting in my dining room. It has ten foot ceilings, crown molding, two arched doorways (completely lined with molding), a set of French doors, and don't forget all of the baseboards!! I'm painting without taping, which I think will end up being faster in the long run. The room is gigantic as it is. . . but hopefully I can have it finished by tonight after the kids go to bed. I've decided to do all of the edge/baseboard work first, then just go to town with a roller. I painted last night (Sunday night) because my kids were both asleep by 7pm. I justified it by turning a couple of conference sessions on in the living room and listening to those. I know, I'm evil, I still hadn't finished listening to conference yet. I'll post pictures when I'm ALL done decorating the house (do you ever get all done with a house like this?!?!?!?!?!) I'm having a great time doing it. Randy just isn't thrilled to have to prime all of the painted walls before we leave. Oh well, I did the hard part, we can prime them together. :)

That updates everyone on our last couple of weeks!!! We're off to the Boardwalk for some .99 sales at Children's Place and to get Kate some new church shoes!

2 comments:

Alison said...

I am so impressed that you are taking the time to decorate your house! I bet it will be beautiful! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Brady and Berta said...

I am so excited to see you and get to see all of your projects before I jump into mine. You might have to come help me!!!! I am hoping that the next two weeks go quickly and we are at your house soon! The girls are so excited to play with cousins. When I told Cat that you had gone shopping and she gets to match Kate, she was so happy. Then when I told her we would go shopping again while we were there, she about died. She loves going to the "store". She has jammies that say, "I Love Shopping" and she does. We love you!