Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sanity on Sunday. . .?!

Kate and Luke (with a newly buzzed head!)

Something is wrong with my camera, and I'm not quite sure what, but it won't focus. So, sadly enough, the cutest pictures from before church today are not even remotely in focus. Here is the best one I could come up with.

Does anyone have a secret for sanity on Sundays? Our church is at 12:30pm, right in the middle of nap time. . . I used to be able to trick Luke into taking a nap early on Sunday mornings (a nice warm bath at about 9:30am, big full bottle. . .he was a gonner), now he just plays in his bed until I cave and go get him, or until it's time to get ready for church. He has NEVER had separation anxiety until Randy left. He was the easiest kid EVER! He knew we would be back and never worried about it. Oh no. . . not now. He SCREAMS his head off in nursery until he falls asleep every week. One of the nursery workers walked him until he fell asleep, then she laid him down on the floor next to her, where he proceeded to take an hour nap today. That sounds awful-- the hard floor of the church. Poor baby. I felt so bad for him. Then my poor kids had to play at a friend's house for almost 3 1/2 hours tonight while I was at our standards fireside. Thank goodness that is over with. My poor kids are left way too often!! That was the 4th night this week that I've left them!!!!! They need their dad back. . .

I hope everyone has a great week up ahead. We are SO excited for Grandma Thomason to come visit us and see our new house!! Kate keeps telling me all the things she is going to tell Grandma when she is here. I'm sure Grandma is going to get her ear talked off then entire way home from the airport in Dallas (3 hours!).

1 comment:

Alison said...

There is no such thing as sanity on Sunday especially during nap time! Your kids are adorable!