Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturdays and sand

I love watching those cute little bodies dig in the sand!



Luke is very sure that he can run as fast as Rogue.



We are fortunate enough to have a fun sand park just outside of our kitchen door (maybe 25 feet away). It has a playset on it, but my kids really only care about digging in the sand. We have a laundry basket full of sand toys that just stays outside under our gazebo. Our friends come over and play there with us quite often. It's really a lot of fun for the kids. We have been going out there to play more often than in our own backyard with our playset and trampoline. Today Luke decided that he would start throwing the sand. Fortunately, we've gotten away without him thinking that up (I knew it was only a matter of time). So, thank goodness we do baths every night before bed. We have enjoyed having a wonderfully mild spring this year!! There are flowers blooming ALL around our house (I can't decide of they're lilacs or jasmine) and they smell SO good!! I have been cutting some every few days and putting them in vases around my house. They make my entire house smell so yummy and springy!! I hope they stay blooming until Grandma Thomason gets here at the end of the week!

Luke got a major haircut tonight before his bath. Stay tuned for pictures tomorrow from before church (hopefully we'll be ready on time that I can stop and take a few!!). He looks so grown up with shorter hair again. He looks a lot like his cousin Kohl to me when he has short hair. It loses a lot of its red with this length!!!

Kate is begging for her hair to get cut, but I think that I'm going to take her somewhere to have it done. It is SOOO long, and I wouldn't mind having something cute done with it.

I'm off to more sewing projects. Enjoy the pictures!!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Hello. I found your blog through Natalie N. - a good friend of mine from high school. Just wanted to say your kids are darling and I have so much respect and am so impressed with what you are doing without your husband home with you. Good job! :) - Randi